Coasteering In Crete
Coasteering was first made popular and enjoyed by many in Wales, however we have now bought this great idea out to warmer climates!!! Our expertise, knowledge of coasteering gained in Wales combined with our local knowledge, makes coasteering in Crete a must for your trip to our island, the unique geology of Crete really comes to the surface as you traverse along the cliffs next to the Mediterranean sea. We have found fossils, unique sea life and rare bird life on previous trips. Coasteering trips include scrambling along cliffs at sea level, swimming across secret lagoons, swimming into sea caves and jumps from towering cliffs, everything your mother told you not to do!!!
Coasteering In Crete For School Groups
There there are a number of sheltered coasteering locations in Western Crete close to the Hania district. Most coasteering trips take about half a day to complete. We operate coasteering sessions from late April right through to the end of October. The sea is at its warmest in Crete in September, so if you are visiting Crete at that time of year this is the activity for you. You need to be able to competently swim 50 meters, all safety equipment will be provided. A great school and youth group activity for a multi-activity programme. We usually put a climbing session next to coasteering as the locations are very close and it cuts down on traveling times between activities. A great session enjoyed by pupils everywhere.
Coasteering In Crete For Families And Adult Groups
A very popular activity with people of all ages. We have a variety of locations in Western Crete, with varying levels of technical challenge so if you have young children we can use a location that will suit them. We can arrange pick up from your hotel but this would be an additional charge to the activity cost, however we only make a charge for fuel and vehicle insurance. The most popular location is close to Hania so is only a 20 minute drive from most holiday accommodation.
Thinks You May Want To Know About Coasteering In Crete
- Most activity locations are in Western Crete
- Coasteering sessions are half a day long, 3 – 4 hours
- Start time are flexible
- Transport can be provided at an extra cost
- All guides are English speaking
- All coasteering guides are trained to UK standards
- All specialist equipment is provided
- You will need to be able to swim 25 meters
- The age range that coasteering is available to is 8 – 50
- You will need a medium level of fitness
- Locations are available for beginners through to people who are experienced in coasteering
- This activity is weather dependant and has to be cancelled if there is a high wind
See our Gallery for more Coasteering in Crete pictures.